Friday 7 November 2008

what if?

how do you put your heart and soul into working towards something, while at the same time keeping in mind that it is not the be all and end all?

how can you want something more than anything but still tell yourself you'll be okay without?

and how do you come to terms with the fact that you've invested such a big part of your life into something you might not have wanted in the first place, but that you now can't help but want by virtue of your investment?

i'm scared.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

if it's your major, then I can tell you that everyone has "buyers remorse," especially if that major is sending them on a set path. I had that at the beginning of the year and I freaked my parents out quite a bit :).

And if it's something else, then I don't know. Except that you're one of the most level headed people I know, and that if anyone can find their way out of a problem, it's you.

AmbivalentMonk said...

I think it would be ironic if we were all made out of iron.

You were in my dream last night...