Sunday 16 March 2008

wainbow.

so this is what just happened:

i'd been working on my Big Chemickstry Paper for a couple of hours (very, very slowly...), and had decided to take (another) break. i looked at the clock and saw that it was about 5.20pm. i decided to go for the 5.30 evening mass so i could "devote" the "whole" of tomorrow to finishing up my paper and studying for my finals. i put my stuff away and brushed my hair and put my coat on and off i went.

it was overcast, but there were expanses of blue sky and white clouds... and the sun was shining brightly but it was drizzling pretty heavily. i decided the sky was trying its very best to be happy, for the sake of everyone beneath it, but it was really feeling sad and couldn't help but show it. it was smiling down at us through its tears.

i quite liked that explanation. as i walked, i looked around me rather distractedly, my mind unwillingly wading through my finals, assignment (singular!), applications, taxes, bank accounts... and more. and then i glanced back up at the sky... and there was a rainbow. it formed a wide arc across the bright blue and gloomy gray (british for grey) - a big, colorful upside-down smile.

as i approached church, i was wondering why there weren't more people moving in the same direction as i was... and then i remembered that mass starts at 5pm on saturdays, not 5.30. so. i turned around, and headed back the way i came.

and then just cause i couldn't resist, i turned around again to see the rainbow one more time.

but it was gone.

2 comments:

AmbivalentMonk said...

Actually, grey is British for gray.

I missed the rainbow, but the swings were cool.

delle. said...

that's what my parents and sister were trying to tell me but i asked amanda and she said americans spelt it grey! lol.

yeah it was nice to swing again after 6 months!