Sunday 8 February 2009

25 pieces of me.

this is technically a facebook tag but since it's my first tag ever i thought i'd make an occasion of it by putting it up on my blog too. =)

1. my favorite time of day is the hour or so before sunset. i love the long, slanting shadows, the golden rays of the sun, and the general peace and calm that that time of day brings.

2. one of the few things i don't like about eugene is people spitting everywhere. especially on pavements and sidewalks. ick. like we say at work to the two-year-olds, "keep your saliva to yourself".

3. alice in wonderland is probably my favorite book. i used to have the jabberwocky memorized. i also like terry pratchett and paul coelho.

4. jason mraz rocks my socks. i overplayed "you and i both" when i was 16 or 17, but i still love it. current favorite is "a beautiful mess". i love his lyrics... lyrics totally make the song for me.

5. i like classical music. my favorite used to be vivaldi's "the four seasons"; now it's gershwin's "rhapsody in blue". "bolero de ravel" is a close second.

6. i did ballet for about 10 years, and i started doing it here at the UO last term. yes, i put on tights and a leotard twice a week, and i even got a pair of ballet shoes (which i haven't forgotten at all this year!). i love it, especially the petite allegro. ballet's the only class i actually look forward to this term.

7. my overhead serve is the bane of my volleyball life. never been able to do it consistently. my backhand is the bane of my badminton life, but i've been getting better at that lately. monday nights, woot woot!

8. i used to play soccer when i was 9 or 10... the only girl in the group. i even had a pair of soccer boots! we used to play rugby too, when the field was really muddy. most of the boys wouldn't touch me when i got the ball. =P

9. i rarely remember my dreams, but there are a few recurring ones that i unfortunately do. one involves me having to go through a space crawling with lizards, frogs and snakes; another involves me either being unprepared for a test or not having enough time to finish an exam; and the last one involves some or all of my teeth falling out.

10. i thought apples and peanut butter sounded gross when vania first told me about it, but i tried it and i've been hooked ever since. bananas go really well with peanut butter too! trust me, all you malaysians!

11. i bite my nails. i do it less now, but it's a bad habit i've had for years... i can't even remember when i started!

12. i like going to the rec center, getting all sweaty, running back in shorts in freezing temperatures, sitting around at home waiting to cool off, getting cold thanks to my wet t-shirt and bare legs, and then taking a hot shower. bliss.

13. i'm so glad i bought my bearpaws last term. they've made life so much warmer.

14. i don't like drinking warm or hot water. plain water has to been cold. it tastes weird otherwise.

15. i never drank coffee or tea without milk and/or sugar before i got to the states. now i love a hot cup of green tea without either. i can also drink coffee black.

16. i recently realized that i have become slightly lactose intolerant. i started drinking soy milk, and now i love it. yum yum.

17. i love chocolate, but i don't like chocolate ice-cream and chocolate milk that much. cadbury makes me happy.

18. i get my american, british and malaysian accents mixed up sometimes, especially when i have to speak in formal situations. it gets me tongue-tied and makes me feel very inarticulate.

19. i love to travel. top three on my (very, very long) list of places i want to go right now are spain, the uk, and hawaii. sponsors and donors are very welcome and very needed.

20. e.t. freaked me out when i was a kid - i remember burying my head in my mom's lap when i first saw it and not looking up until the movie was over. i am proud to say that i faced my fear by finally watching it over the summer, but i still don't like the way e.t. looks.

21. i love animated movies. my housemates and i have been working our way through all the disney classics like the lion king, the little mermaid, beauty and the beast, and snow white. they're awesome. shrek, finding nemo, the emperor's new groove and wall-e are also very awesome.

22. i love kids. they crack me up, and it's always so rewarding when they call me by name, reach for my hand, or run to me for a hug. it's also so nice to have them fall asleep in your arms. oh, and i love doing action songs with children! the poopy diapers are worth it.

23. i love going for mass. i used to find it incredibly boring when i was younger, though! i remember anthea and i timing the homilies and complaining if they went on for too long lol.

24. i have come to terms with the fact that i am a nerd. it's a part of me that i've been fighting all my life, but i now see what an integral part of me it is and how much i actually enjoy learning.

25. i think it's exciting that i don't know where i'll be at the end of the year. it hasn't fully registered yet that i'm graduating in five months.

3 comments:

AmbivalentMonk said...

Dear God, you actually blogged it.

Fellas, the end is near.

delle. said...

only because it was my first tag EVER!

Pinky Tham said...

haha you put into your blog too! hehe same here same here