Tuesday 15 July 2008

sue me.

it was a quiet weekend for me... hasn't really gotten old for me yet. sure, it would be nice to have a little group to hang out with, but given the circumstances i think i'll manage. campus is a really empty, except for the summer camps for high school students and younger kids. i've been attending a bible study every week, but it's a young adult thing which means a lot of them are quite a bit older than me (i'm a baby adult. =P). i've hung out with the grad student and his friends a couple of times too, but as all of them are grad students they're all older than me too. it's a different crowd, and there's nothing like playing apples to apples to highlight that. classmates are classmates. and as much as i want to i can't really hang out with the kids from bing outside of work.

on top of that, i'll be done with palo alto in a month!

so. i can deal with books, movies, skype and msn for company. =)

over the weekend i watched the ballets sleeping beauty and swan lake. i'd never watched them! i don't really remember what made me want to, but i had a midterm to study for so what better time, right? =P anyway, i enjoyed both of them... the dancing, the costumes, the sets, and the music by tchaikovsky. watching the principal dancer in swan lake perform 32 fouettes en tournant was simply awe-inspiring. made me miss ballet. but not pointe, nope.

and then, since i had so much reading to do before my midterm, i decided to watch disney's sleeping beauty! it was like watching it for the first time... i remember the images from my childhood, but the dialogue never registered. it's amazing how much our cognitive processing changes as we grow older. i also never noticed that some of the music for the cartoon was taken from the ballet!

okay, okay... i know i sound pretty pathetic, talking about my non-existent social life, ballets and cartoons. i'm, uh, growing.

please don't disown me. =(

3 comments:

melissa chen said...

It's okay, you're a baby adult remember? Hahahah :)

melissa chen said...

Birds can fly so high
And they can shit on your head
Yeah, they can almost fly into your eye
And make you feel so scared
But when you look at them
And you see that they are beautiful
That's how I feel about you

Kate Nash "Birds"

delle. said...

i promise not to shit on your head or fly into your eye. =) muah!