Thursday 9 October 2008

bang, bang, shoot shoot.

i'm happy it's been sunny over the past few days. not particularly warm, but sunny. =)
i've been listening to the beatles tonight, and i can't put my finger on what exactly i like about them... but they make me happy too.

i wonder if i'll hear people 20-40 years younger than me listen to britney spears and backstreet boys in the future.
and i don't quite know how to feel about that.

"picture yourself in a boat on a river,
with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
a girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
towering over your head.
look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,
and she's gone."

- lucy in the sky with diamonds, the beatles.

on top of spencer's butte.

7 comments:

Bryan said...

You know what that song is about... right?

melissa chen said...

Ah, I see something familiar! :) My turn, eh?

melissa chen said...

Not really sure what the song is about, but if I were to take a stab at it..could be drugs? Gettin' high? Or probably something like that..I'm either close or entirely on the wrong side.

Adelle said...

um... i don't think you're right, mel, and bryan, i think i know but i'd rather not think about it. i like my interpretation of it better!

Bryan said...

mel mel got it right.

melissa chen said...

Tsk, tsk, Delle! :P

delle. said...

oh! when i was talking to my daddy (haha.) i figured out that i was referring to "happiness is a warm gun" and you two were talking about "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"!

i knew that.