Monday 16 June 2008

almost there.

in about 12 hours i should be leaving for california. and in about 36 hours i should be in palo alto, where i'll be spending my next two months. my predominant feeling is one of nervousness, not about my internship or the class i'm gonna take, but about staying with the grad student and his girlfriend for a week before moving into the God-sent cottage where i'll be staying the rest of the time. what if it's weird? i don't know either of them at all, except the grad student whom i've been corresponding with through email. but it's always been about business... he sounds nice though. and it was really nice of them to open their home to me, but i'm scared! it's kinda funny how that worry is blocking off any excitement or anticipation i might feel otherwise. kinda.

anyhow. my summer at stanford is finally gonna happen. thank you to everyone who's been holding my hand through this rollercoaster... especially those who sympathized and celebrated with me, put in the time and effort to help me find a place to stay, and prayed for me.

let's see if stanford is gonna live up to it's hype.

No comments: