Tuesday 27 November 2007

doodles.

it's the last week of classes for my first term at the u of o. wow.

they were playing disney songs at work today, and i was hit by a wave of childhood nostalgia.

as much as i complain about the decisions i have to make, and as frustrated as i am about how difficult making those decisions are, i have realized that i wouldn't have it any other way (from a discussion with bryan).

relationships (whether platonic or romantic) can only last if both parties are willing to share the changes in themselves, and embrace the changes in the other, and to accept that they are different and always will be (from a discussion with sean/sean's family).

advent begins next week - it's gonna be my first christmas in my 19 years on earth that i'll be spending without the pushparatnams.

the temperature has dropped below freezing already.

every tuesday and thursday i drag myself out of bed in the wee hours of the morning and wish i didn't have to go to work... but the kids always do something that bring a smile to my face and make it worthwhile.

i've been getting random flashbacks about home.

i've been listening to piano pieces on itunes lately... it's soothing.

i haven't talked to my friends back home in a long while.

a wave of work is looming behind me (i still have my back turned on it) and is gonna crash over me pretty soon. and it's not gonna be pretty.

i'm glad i'm doing psychology.

i don't think winter break will be as bad as i thought it would be.

i bumped into joon while i was having lunch today, and we were talking, i guess with a malaysian accent but with good grammar and no lahs... and the friends he was with went, "we didn't understand a word you said! were you speaking english?" haha.

samy vellu in "the star" today: "In this country (malaysia), we are very open ... I have never seen a government which is more open."
hmm. it'll be interesting to see where this goes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are all going to miss u tremendously. It pains us that u will be lonely. The nudge off the cliff is a necessary part of the eaglet's flight to discover and be who she really is!

AmbivalentMonk said...

Amen to that, James.

Bryan said...

I can relate to Paragraphs 10-13. I'm glad I'm doing Journalism, even though I have to remind myself that I'm glad I'm doing it from time to time. Winter break is going to be effing awesome.

I haven't talked to my friends from back home in a long while... but that's ok. It used to bother me, but I later realized we all have different lives and at some point, most of us have to go down a path that doesn't intersect so much (or maybe not at all) with our friends as it used to. It's kind of hard to keep in mind, but other people grow and move on at the same rate as we do. Just knowing that the person still cares gives me a bit of comfort.

And piano music... Billy Joel. So much of him lately.

Bryan said...

I forgot the point of my little ramble. My point: Your post was extremely relevant. Kudos.

melissa chen said...

James's comment totally made me lose it. Bah. Miss you.