Tuesday 4 December 2007

o sense of urgency, where art thou?

as you can tell from my title, my kiasu-ism has been m.i.a. for the past week or so. it's been weird, but... nice. =) i've been studying, but i don't/didn't feel as anxious or as worried about my exams as i usually do. maybe it's because i felt prepared from all the work i put in over the term, maybe i just didn't care as much, maybe i was just plain lazy. but i've been ridiculouly happy considering it's been dead week/finals week. my lit and cog dev papers went as well as they could have, i think... for chemickstry today i could answer everything except for one quantum mechanicks question at the very end. but i think at most one person out of the whole class would've gotten it so oh well. =)

i'm guessing the other reason i'm experiencing a mood lift is the weather. it's been raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining... and i thought the rain would make me miserable but surprisingly i'm loving it! for one, it's raised the temperature by about 10 degrees (celsius), so i can walk around without freezing my nose and hands off. secondly, i can have my windows open again - from 19 years of having windows open pretty much 24/7, having to have my windows shut for days on end hasn't been very nice. it also feels more like home... the air's balmier so it feels friendlier somehow. and the wind, oh my gosh the wind... it's been absolutely fantastic. it reached about 50mph/80kmph yesterday, and i quite enjoyed being blown about. as long as the temperature stays in this range for a while, i say bring on the rain and the wind! i'll take it with a smile.

today's been such a pretty day. =)

i really should be studying for my last paper. lol.

No comments: