Tuesday 15 January 2008

ibuprofen.

i've moved out of the dorms! bye bye tiny room, bye bye drafty showers, bye bye unwanted peeks of bums, bye bye worrying about getting locked out, bye bye carrying toiletries around, bye bye walking down stranger-filled corridor in my bathrobe...
hello attached bathroom, hello piano, hello kitchen, hello upstairs and downstairs, hello big(ger) room, hello whacky but awesome housemates! =D

on a not-so-happy note, i had what felt like a stitch in my side on friday night/saturday morning... which i thought would pass and so ignored. but i don't think it liked being ignored very much so it decided to become very painful and by saturday night it had my full and unwilling attention. i was hoping it would be satisfied and would leave me alone by sunday since i spent my saturday night on the couch keeping it company, but nope, it was very much there and was still very painful. especially when i walked. or moved. or breathed. i had to return a book to the library before going for mass, and by time i got to church i was literally in tears. so i pretty much spent my sunday on the couch too... wishing mommy or daddy would magically appear to take me to sjmc or klinik segera. this morning i went to the health center to get it checked out. had xrays taken and blood tests done... verdict? i probably injured my rib somehow (maybe when i was moving my very heavy suitcase over?) and there's nothing much i can do about it other than rest some more, pump painkillers and not go to the rec center for about a month. A MONTH! i didn't need another good, valid excuse not to exercise!

and... happy birthday yin! first of the gang to hit the big two-oh... let me know what it's like on the other side. =P

4 comments:

ho_ said...

Lol. hope you're feeling fine.
When did you move out? I hear no news of this till I came here.

melissa chen said...

Babe, please take care of yourself..it's so urgh, hard to hear this kinda stuff and not be able to do anything. Please get some 'macho men' to help next time, with the moving and all.

delle. said...

adrian! i didn't know you visited. =) i'd just moved out before going to coffee hour on friday... i'm staying on university st now. it was a really random, last minute thing. =P

melmel: yeah i know... it sucks not too have you guys here to layan me lol. but the people at the house have been really nice... and the macho men helped getting my stuff into the house - i had to handle the dorm half alone. hope you're doing good! muah!

Bryan said...

Don't die, delle, at least not until you get your soap.